RSVP226 people are attending
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Online via Zoom
What are legal and other insights into the past, present, and future of the 67-year-old Line 5 oil pipelines in the Straits of Mackinac and Enbridge’s proposed oil tunnel to replace them? Find out at this informative, free webinar.
This event is timed to closely coincide with the 10-year anniversary on July 25 of Enbridge’s Line 6B oil spill disaster near Marshall, Michigan, contaminating nearly 40 miles of the Kalamazoo River and its watershed with a million gallons of tar sands oil, sickening more than 300 people, and destroying wildlife and habitat.
- Liz Kirkwood, Executive Director, FLOW
- Sean McBrearty, Campaign Coordinator, Oil & Water Don’t Mix
- Aaron Payment, Chairman, The Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians
- Patty Peek, Chair, Straits of Mackinac Alliance
- Beth Wallace, Manager of Conservation Partnerships, National Wildlife Federation
The webinar is co-hosted by FLOW (For Love Of Water) and Oil & Water Don't Mix, in partnership with the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians, National Wildlife Federation, and citizen-led Straits of Mackinac Alliance.
After you RSVP below, you'll be taken to the Zoom webinar registration page.