RSVP3 people are attending
Thursday, July 23, 2020
Pipeline Safety Trust
To mark the ten-year anniversary of the Enbridge oil spill into the Kalamazoo River, please join the Pipeline Safety Trust for two roundtable discussions looking back at the spill and assessing its consequences. Panelists will discuss the current state of pipeline safety, regulatory affairs, operations, the condition of the Kalamazoo River, public health, and more. The sessions will take place 17 hours apart to coincide with the time of the pipeline rupture and its eventual discovery.
This first session will be on Thursday, July 23 at 5:58pm EST, the time the rupture occurred 10 years ago, and will address the national consequences of the spill. Panelists include:
- Bill Caram, Deputy Director, Pipeline Safety Trust - Moderator
- Senator Gary Peters (invited), U.S. Senator from Michigan
- Alan Mayberry, Associate Administrator for Pipeline Safety, PHMSA
- Jennifer Homendy, Member, National Transportation Safety Board
- Mike Koby, Vice President, U.S. Operations, Enbridge Inc.
- Carl Weimer, Executive Director, Pipeline Safety Trust
More details are available here on the Pipeline Safety Trust site.