Saturday, August 31, 2019
Conkling Heritage Park
335 S Huron Ave
Mackinaw City, MI 49701
Let's honor the water and celebrate those who work to protect it, and engage our imaginations to envision a post-Line 5 Michigan. Bring the whole family, including leashed pets!
"This year's Water is Life Festival is guided by two themes, one the Eagle and Condor Prophecy and the Rights of Nature.
"With the recent news of the fires in Amazon, it is even more important to stay connected with our southern relatives and work collectively on the protection of the land and water. Bring harmony and healing.
"The Rights of Nature is a mindset that is as old as this continent. Sad we must write laws to protect our home. We must gravitate towards living according to Natural Law as my ancestors did. Co-exist not dominate, respect all things.
"We are NOW where we are.
"Water is life, without it we cannot exist.
"Our water is in a state of emergency. I am sad. Connect emotionally with the land and water and you will fight ferociously for it as if it was your own child." - Jannan Cornstalk, Organizer
- 12 pm – Opening welcome with festival founder and organizer, Jannan Cornstalk / hand drum singers
- 12:15 – Music from Caroline Barlow – Professional folky, member of the North Carolines, and organizer with Bliss Fest
- 12:30 – Darryl Brown – Eagle and Condor Prophecy Teachings
- 12:45 – Music from Sean Miller – Guitarist and singer-songwriter from Petoskey, member of The Real Ingredients, and arts/entertainment reporter for Petoskey News.
- 1:00 – Music from Victor McManemy – folk balladeer and seasoned protest singer
- 1:30 – Markie Miller interview – Toledoans For Safe Water organizer most directly involved with the development of the Lake Erie Bill of Rights.
- 2:00 – The audience participates in a collective art project!
- 3:30 – Music from Seth Bernard – Michigan’s musical activist ambassador, Earthwork Music founder, Title Track and Clean Water Campaign for Michigan founder and executive director.
- 4:00 – Eliza Thorp – Northern Michigan pianist and vocalist whose debut album John Sinkevics of Local Spins says, “…unfolds subtly and brilliantly, with gorgeous, thought-provoking lyrics that reflect her northern Michigan upbringing…”
- 4:30 – speaker/stage announcements/gratitude
- 4:45 – Molly – Musician, vocalist, songwriter whose emotive style of singing and thoughtful lyrics make for a moody, eclectic, joyous, and colorful soulful expression.
- 5:30 – closing JAM